Saturday, September 8, 2012

Shoes On Wheels!

Wheelies (or heelies?) were so popular back when I was in middle school. Big chunky running shoes with hidden wheels at the sole. I was always interested in them because they looked so fun having instant rollerblades (kind of) whenever you felt like rollin' around. However, I always wished they looked more stylish. I was browsing around a shoe store today and came across a pair that Jeffrey Campbell came out with. Sandals with retractable wheels! 



There is a screw on the side of the shoe that you can see in the first picture that you pull out to release or retract the wheels. I was pretty excited when I saw these and tried them on. I'm pretty sure I was the first person to ever try them on in the store because I caught the attention of every worker there. With the wheels retracted, the shoe is very heavy. Every time I took a step, it felt like the wheel was going to come out. And with the wheels popped out... let's just say for $160 dollars, you can guarantee a broken bone at the end of the day. Although it's a fun concept, the shoes are a total safety hazard. You can slip backwards and forwards very easily, breaking your nose or hipbone in a second. If the shoe itself was lighter, it might have helped with the difficulty level in rolling around. But overall, interesting experience and kudos to whoever is brave enough to try these badboys on!


n


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments and suggestions and look forward to reading them! Thanks for the feedback!